racing in peterborough tomorrow

i'll be racing in the sprint duathlon tomorrow in peterborough, my last event before my big race in gravenhurst on july 18th. as always, i'll be racing against myself and the clock, not my competitors. the distances for this race are 2k/20k/5k, and my goal for tomorrow is to have a time of 1.02.00 or better. i've never raced on this course before so i'm not sure what to expect.

my plan is go out there strong tomorrow and empty the tank. although it's definitely a race for me, i'll mostly be using this as my last major workout before toning things down slightly over the next couple of weeks. i need to be in peak form for gravenhurst so, after this race, i'll continue to focus my training on high intensity hill climbing and sprints on the bike, and long interval running workouts.

the race in gravenhurst is almost exactly double the distance of this race, so i'd like to come away from tomorrow's event with a time that i'm happy with. i need to head to the national team qualifier in gravenhurst confident with my chances of making the team, and a strong time in peterborough will help with that.