over active imagination + anxiety = no sleep

the big race is the day after tomorrow and my nerves are still getting the best of me. i didn't sleep at all last night, tossing and turning with visions of the race racing through my mind, my over active imagination at its worst and causing me great anxiety. i'm terrified of getting another flat tire like i did last year, crippling my race. but the thing is, i've been out there on that course many, many times and i've ridden the bike course up and down, over and over, and have never gotten a flat tire except for that one time last year. the odds are strongly in my favour and i'm doing my best to focus my energy on positive thinking. i'm going to have a great race; i'm going to do the best that i can do out there; i'm going to get the results that i know i'm capable of. i'm not going to stress over the things that i can't control. if the universe should decide that it's time for me to have another flat tire, so it shall be. the things that i can control, i will. the things that are beyond me will take care of themselves.