long ride at the cottage tomorrow

tomorrow morning, weather permitting, i'll be doing my last tough workout before my big race next weekend. i'm heading to the cottage in the kawarthas tonight and, of course, my bike is coming with me. thundershowers are in the forecast but i'm hoping to do a long, steady-state 6ok ride with some hard intervals thrown in, and then follow that up with a 10k tempo/intervals run. it'll be a long day out there but this workout has to be a good one. i'll start tapering my workouts after that in the hopes of peaking on the 18th.

i was hoping to get to the other cottage in gravenhurst at least one more time before next weekend to ride the race course again but it's not going to happen. i got two rides in up there so i've at least got those, and i hope to use that course familiarization to my advantage.

i'm feeling fast and strong these days and my workouts have been great the past couple of weeks. i've been working with a naturopath to change a few things in my diet lately and i'm feeling the benefits before, during and after excercise. it's pretty incredible, actually. my diet has always played a huge role in my training so taking it to the next level with an expert's guidance seems to be paying off. but i won't get too far ahead of myself and i'll let you know how i feel following my next race.

i've got my fingers crossed that the thundershowers will hold off until the afternoon!