ramping up.

March 08, 2011

the past couple weeks have been my first weeks of full, heavy training since early in the new year.  i've been slowly ramping up my running again as i move past my most recent injury, and things seem to be getting better with every week.  duration is up to 90 minutes on the treadmill and intensity is coming along as well.  this morning, for the first time in two months, i was running at over 10mph.  it was only for 90 second intervals, but still an achievement.  my first race of the year was supposed to be a 5k this weekend in toronto, but i'm nowhere near ready so i've had to scrap it.  i'm confident i'll be ready for a 10k a few weeks from now and a half marathon at the end of april, but neither of those races will be fast ones; both will be training tools to help me get stronger in preparation for the triathlon season.  a month ago i was feeling like my season was over, now i'm feeling like it's just beginning.  a much later start than i'd been hoping for but it's a start nonetheless.