my second home

i've been at absolute endurance every day this week except monday and it feels as though it's become my second home. i'll be heading there again tomorrow for a few hours and again on sunday. when you're training in a group environment it makes the long, monotonous workouts easier to bear. i had to spin for 90 easy minutes yesterday before making any changes to my heart rate or power output, and the only reason i got through it was because there were a lot of other like minded people right there alongside me. it's a whole other mindset compared to riding at home on an indoor trainer by yourself.

my training has ramped right back very quickly, although the running side of things is coming along slowly. it's amazing how fast some downtime will change your body, and my legs are sore sore sore after only running what for me would typically be a couple of light, let's stop and smell the roses-type jogs through the park. once my running legs are strong again i'll get that mileage back up, but until then it's slow and steady. i had a very painful massage on wednesday night to help with the tightness, but now my legs are feeling loose and limber and fantastic. today is a day off for me so my body has some time to recover before hitting the pavement again tomorrow morning. the weather looks good for this weekend so it will be great to get outside and enjoy the rare, sunny weather, a nice break from all the shitty rain and clouds we've had over the past few weeks.