one step forward, two steps back

just when i think things are going well and my leg is getting better, i go and do something seemingly harmless that sets me back. last night being the warm, balmy autumn evening that it was, i decided to walk to a nearby grocery store for my mid-week grocery top up. without thinking i loaded up on a few heavy things like a carton of orange juice and a carton of soy milk, along with everything else. about 5 minutes into my 20-minute walk home, two grocery bags weighing me down, my ankle started to hurt, the first telltale sign of my bone fracture. going to sleep with it feeling slightly irritated, i woke up in the middle of the night with my right leg throbbing and i decided to skip my morning workout because of it.

it turns out that i still have a long way to go. over the past couple of weeks i've been going to the gym, riding, doing strengthening exercises and stretches, all in an attempt to heal and help prevent this from happening again, and there's been absolutely no pain until last night. my MRI couldn't possibly come sooner.

tonight i have a pretty serious bike workout that i've been looking forward to for awhile because i want to see if i can get through it without any irritation or pain. hopefully all will be fine and i'll keep moving forward with my riding, but if there is pain, i'll have to scale back on my training even further. i'm feeling defeated and discouraged. ugh.